The objectives of SCM are to:
- Give effect to legislative provisions of the Constitution, 1996, and the PFMA, No. 29 of 1999, as amended on 29 March 2018.
- Promote consistency in respect of supply chain management policy and other related policy initiatives in government;
- Create a common understanding and application of preferential procurement policy;
- Establish an integrated SCM function that forms an integral part of the financial management system of a public entity;
- Make significant improvement to financial management in the broader public sector;
- Introduce a fair system for the appointment of consultants based on merit and skill; and
- Align with global trends and ensure that South Africa adheres to international best practices.
During the session with 7 different groups, Deon provided excellent and expert services on SCM, its committees and ethics within the SCM processes.
Expert knowledge on key governance issues within SCM and the role of ethics within the bid committee system. Technical advisor on key aspects of SCM.
Prof Erwin Schwella
Understands the technical aspects of combined assurance within the SCM space, and the value to the roles of oversight.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 117
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes