- Define cybersecurity from an audit perspective, including an understanding of its scope, limitations, and how to measure effectiveness.
- Identify the purpose of preventive, detective, and corrective controls.
- Understand cyber liability insurance and its impact on cybersecurity.
- Understand cyber standards, legislation, and how they affect an organization.
- Understand how to assess an organization’s cyber capabilities from an attacker perspective using threat modeling.
- Assess cybersecurity risks and controls related to using cloud providers or third-party vendors.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Auditors or IT auditors who are seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of auditing a cybersecurity program
The course will help professionals to understand the critical aspects of governance, risk, security, control relating to cyber security and obtain the level of knowledge required to audit cyber security controls.
Evolution of Cyberthreats and Controls, Phishing, Virus and Malware, Denial of Service Attack, Cyber Fraud, Zero day Attacks, Risks Associated with Internet, Servers/Desktop, WIFI, Cloud Security, Internet of Things (IoT) and some of the ready controls available.
Business Impact Assessment on Cyber attacks
To understand the impact and loss of Cyberattack to the different industries
Cybersecurity Law and Regulations
Understanding different Cybersecurity Law and other regulations
Cybersecurity Best Practices
Discussion on the different types of best practices/controls like ISO27001, Cloud, Cobit, MAS TRM, NIST standards etc.
Cyber Risk Assessment and Scoping
Performing a cyber risk assessment using the Cyber security best practices to scope and prepare the audit work programme.
Other Types of Cyber Developments
Understand the other types of developing cyber security controls like:
- threat intelligence/analytics,
- user behaviour analysis,
- secure code development,
- automated threat modeling & attack simulations,
- pattern of life technologies,
- content disarming and reconstruction and more.
Cyber Security Maturity Model
Understand how to measure the success of a cyber security programme
Other Security Considerations
Discussion on other security threats like technology risks, information security risk, insider risks and more.
- Lectures 30
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 week
- Language English
- Students 28
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Overview of cybersecurity
Cybersecurity Risks, Cyber Liability Insurance, and Legislation
Applying the Audit Process to a Cloud Environment or Third-Party Service Provider
Auditing Common Security Solutions