Municipal Officials who generally work in a financial capacity or have some financial responsibilities within municipalities and municipal entities must have skills, experience and capacity to assume and fulfil the responsibilities and exercise the functions and powers assigned in terms of the Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003. Failure to comply with the financial management responsibilities, functions and powers entrusted in terms of the Act may constitute financial misconduct. Municipal financial officials must comply with the minimum competency levels as required by the Government Gazette of 15 June 2007. Municipal Financial Management Programme comprises of short courses and a certificate programme.
Assessment and RPL College (Pty) Ltd (using Next Step Academy as an e-learning faculty) is fully accredited with LGSETA to provide a full qualification on National Certificate: Municipal Finance – Level 6 – SAQA ID 48965. We are further approved by the National Treasury and listed on the database of approved training providers for MFMP on the National Treasury website.
The MFMP comprises 28 modules which have been organised into the following Learning Programmes
• LP 1: Strategic management, budgeting implementation and performance management
• LP 2: Municipal accounting and risk management
• LP 3: Governance and legislation
• LP 4: Costing and capital planning
• LP 5: Municipal support and project management
• LP 6: Supply Chain Management and Public Private Partnerships
As part of Assessment and RPL College (Pty) Ltd ‘s strategic response to the needs of local government sphere, we have developed a customised programme to assist municipal officials to achieve competency with high degree of ease and efficiency.
The course is scheduled in advance and is held at your nearest town/city (as per the attached schedule). If however you have a group to do the course with, and you have the space at your Municipal offices, training can be arranged at dates and times to suit you, with a minimum of 15 delegates required.
Our lecturers have presented training on the MFMP since September 2010 to a total of 31 different municipalities. Our attendees included municipal councillors, municipal managers, CFO’s senior management, auditors and interns. We will gladly provide you with reference and evaluations to this extent.
We have two different modules of training, namely:
- In-class attendance, where the lecturer will facilitate the lessons with material that is e-learning based. This allows students to access information online, even after the training has been completed. As material is updated continuously by our expert panel, students will always be able to access the latest version of the material. Testing is done online in the presence of a facilitator and assignments is done in the workplace and then loaded onto the web where it is marked electronically.
- Blended module, where students attend a two week in-class attendance, with videos and e-learning materials to be studied in their own time. Testing is done online in the presence of a facilitator and assignments is done in the workplace and then loaded onto the web where it is marked electronically.
A quote can be provided for both options, and prices vary according to numbers, venue and transport costs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes