To enable the learner to examine the theoretical and analytical frameworks of project management within a Public Service environment.
Minimum Entry Requirements
The credit calculation in the relevant unit standard is based on the assumption that learners are in possession of a Public Administration diploma (NQF level 6), degree or equivalent.
By the end of this course participants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- the ability to examine the theoretical and analytical frameworks of project management in a public sector environment;
- project quality management and project human resources management
- effective undertaking and management of projects within the public sector;
- project time management and project cost management.
- the ability to comfortably work with budgets, estimate time and decide what resources are needed; and
- enhanced effectiveness of project management teams.
Credit-bearing course aligned to unit standard: 242914: “Apply the principles and theories of public sector management”.
NQF Level 6 with 12 credits.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Competence once the course has been successfully completed.
This skills program is designed for the public sector and is aimed at:
• project managers, officers and administrators;
• elected political leaders and public sector officials involved with the service delivery activities at a top strategic level; and
• department and organisation managers.
Four (4) working days.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes