- Is professionally qualified.
- Has thirty years experience in local government.
- Designed the risk management framework, internal audit framework and the combined assurance frameworks for Treasury and many local authorities.
- Is an international speaker on governance, combined assurance and risk.
- Frequently facilitates risk assessments within local government.
- Has been contracted by many local municipalities and municipal councils to engage on issues of risk and controls.
On completion of this highly practical course, you should be able to:
- Understand the background and current failures within South African municipalities.
- Understand the ten key risks that are facing local government today.
- Apply the knowledge in assessing inherent likelihood and impact in your own municipal environment.
- Benchmark and evaluate your current risk management process.
- Understand the role of combined assurance ( and specifically risk management and internal audit) in local government.
- Benchmark your current risk-based audit plan.
- Understand the role that internal and external audit, together with audit committees, play towards strengthening financial management, governance and oversight.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 709
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes