- Municipal officials, Councilors and financial staff (Municipal Minimum Comptency)
Unit standard requirements
On completion of this unit standard, a learner should be able to identify, interpret and apply the following:
- Techniques of sound financial management in local government;
- Key elements in the structure of public-policy making in South Africa, their connections and power relations between them;
- Elements of initiatives taken through various pieces of legislation to promote sound financial management in local government;
- Environment in which policy-making takes place with particular emphasis on factors which significantly impinge on policy-making; and
- Principles of good governance and ethical behaviour within a municipal setting.
Extensive coverage of legislative mandate of local authorities, with excellent case studies and videos. Deon has extensive experience in local authorities and his practical knowledge adds value.
John du Toit
Energetic trainer focusing on practical examples and case studies.
Insightful and practical. You need this course before committing to local authorities.
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 72
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes