After successfully completing this program, you should be able to
- have a good understanding of the constitutional place and role of Local Government
- explain the composition, term, internal management and general functioning of Local Government under the
South African legal system
- explain the basic legal principles relevant to Local Government, and
- provide legal advice on a variety of constitutional and other municipal legal disputes.
- understand the latest statutory changes and relevant judicial decisions.
The scope of coverage includes the
- South African Constitution in relation to public sector financial management
- Laws and regulations governing division of revenue
- South African legal system within the public sector financial management and administration context
- Legislative regulations and legal principles to contracts
- Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003 in a municipality
- IFRA, 1997
The training is intended for people working within a public sector environment (especially local government), specialising in public finance management and administration, where the acquisition of proficiency will add value to their performance levels.
This unit standard will also add value to public officials who are seeking to develop their career pathways towards becoming accomplished public finance management and administration specialists.
Accredited training - 12 credits
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 day
- Language English
- Students 85
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
South African Constitution and public sector financial management
Division of revenue Act
Public Sector Financial Management and Administration
The Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003