- Liquidity management, Optimizing return on investment
- Chief Financial Officers, Senior Management in Treasury
Unit standard requirements
UNIT STANDARD OUTCOMES
On completion of this unit standard, you should be able to:
- Apply the legislative conditions governing cash and investment management.
- Comply with sound principles for cash and investment management.
- Implement the requirements of the legislation for contracts that have budgetary implications.
- Apply the legislative requirements and internationally recognized principles to credit control and debt collection.
- Apply the legislative requirements and treasury regulations on cash and investment responsibilities of municipal officials and mayors.
UNIT STANDARD PURPOSE
This unit standard is intended for practitioners in local government that are involved in municipal policy decision-making and strategic planning. This unit standard contributes to the sub-field of financial management through offering a unit standard on cash, revenue and investment management designed specifically for municipal government but offering competencies applicable to a range of organizations including organisations in the private sector.
The qualifying learner is able to:
- Apply the requirements of South African municipal statutes related to cash management, investment management and revenue management.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of local government funds through an understanding of the implications of the relevant legislation governing cash, investment and revenue management.
- Assist in the overall process of social and economic development.
- Qualification : Certificate in Municipal Finance Management
- Credits : 10
- NQF level : 6
- Type : Core
- Duration : 3 days
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 725
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes