- Introduction to program and project management
- Legislative framework for program and project governance and project lifecycle management
- Modern management techniques for program and project management
- Program and project management application and integration
- Program and project monitoring and evaluation
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to
- demonstrate the ability to apply systematic and analytical methods in decision-making
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness in the planning and control of programs and projects
- understand and apply root cause analysis to determine why projects fail to meet cost and timelines.
- demonstrate the value of a program approach as a process in order to articulate national priorities
- realise sustainable human development objectives through a coherent and participatory national program framework
- converge program and project management principles and practices as a logical approach
- integrate the processes of macro-, meso- and micro-planning and management of any national development effort, and manage multiple teams and executive-level stakeholders.
Who should enrol?
This course is specifically aimed at senior managers in the South African public sector and/or public service employees aspiring towards a managerial position.
- Contact sessions: 3 days
- Assignment due date: 4 weeks after last contact session