On completion of this unit standard, you should be able to:
- Identify the role played by risk management in a municipality;
- Interpret and apply legislation relevant to municipal risk management in South African municipalities;
- Demonstrate how risk management contributes to good governance;
- Develop a municipality wide risk management and reporting system;
- Develop a risk management process.
UNIT STANDARD PURPOSE
This unit standard is intended for people involved in municipal finance management or other persons as identified in GG 22967. Persons credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Apply the core concepts of risk management in a South African municipality.
- Align the risk management process to the National Treasury combined assurance framework.
- Understand the roles of all the lines of assurance.
- To inform policy decision and strategic decision-making processes based on effective risk management processes.
- Qualification : Certificate in Municipal Finance Management
- Credits : 10
- NQF level : 6
- Type : Core
- Duration : 2 days