Learners working towards this standard will be working within a Public Sector environment, specialising in Public Finance Management and Administration, where the acquisition of competence against this standard will add value to one’s job. This standard will also add value to public officials who are seeking to develop a career pathway towards becoming an accomplished public finance management and administration specialist.
Outputs will include:
- Demonstrating an understanding of accounting principles and reporting requirements and nature of functions in the public sector.
- Using accounting techniques and approaches to process financial information.
- Applying end of period accounting procedures in the preparation of financial statements.
- Applying procedures necessary for control over cash transactions and balances.
- Utilising procedures for reporting and recording accounts receivables.
- Utilising procedures for recording and reporting on liabilities in the public sector.